The College of Arts and Sciences offers funding to encourage students to engage in independent inquiry, artistic creation, and scholarship, under faculty supervision. These grants are intended to enhance opportunities for undergraduate research in the college. Travel, research supplies and other valid expenses may be reimbursed up to the limit of an individual grant. Grants will normally fall into a range from $100 to $1500 and, if possible, should be combined with funding from other sources (i.e., from faculty advisors, department chairs, center directors…). Research should be completed within one year of receipt of the award. The grant recipient will then submit a brief report on the results of the project to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs.
- Abstract (a brief statement that describes the project)
- Faculty Advisor
- Detailed proposal (up to 1,000 words, which includes the objective and approach of the proposed activity, the relevance to the student’s educational goals, and a time-line for completion.)
- Budget (including any additional sources of funding.)
- Student’s background and qualifications for the proposed project.
- Statement of endorsement by the project's faculty advisor.
Undergraduate Research involving International Travel:
Proposal Deadlines for the Summer/Fall 2017 Projects: March 10, 2017.
Question? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org