Critical thinking, analysis, communication, and problem-solving are just a few of our College Learning Outcomes. Such skills transcend majors and disciplines and are crucial elements needed to meet the changes ahead.
Requirements for the CAS are relatively simple and easily understood. The links to the left contain a wealth of information about starting and continuing academic life in the College of Arts and Sciences and we hope you will find them useful. Your final authority on rules and requirements is the University Catalog—so confirm all information you receive from any source with the catalog for accuracy.
Here are helpful links available that we have dubbed our "First-Year Student Essentials". Please check them out and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions!
- College First-Year Seminars
- Course Registration Guide
- What Courses Should I Take?
- What Courses Should I Take for Arts-Engineering?
- Courses available to first year students
- AP, SAT, ACT, IB Credit Information
- 2018-2019 Mentor Advisors
- Course Selection vs. Career Advising
- Advising FAQs
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs